Dear Harvard Tennis Family,
There is only week left to give toward Fiscal Year '17 and we count on your support to reach our financial goals. Your willingness to pay it forward to the next generation of Harvard Tennis players and coaches is so appreciated.
There are many aspects to running our program and keeping it top-notch. Some of what your gifts to Harvard Tennis help fund include:
Another goal of the FY'17 fundraising campaign is to increase the number of alums who support the program, especially among our younger alums. If you are a recent graduate, please know that big checks are not expected and small gifts at any level will be greatly appreciated.
- Competitive advantage
- Out-of-region travel is a necessity to stay competitive. Next year we will head to Michigan, Texas, California, and Virginia to play teams that will challenge us and put us in a position to qualify for NCAA based on our national ranking.
- Recruiting has become a full-year, highly-skilled effort thanks to technology that puts us in touch with more players domestically and around the world. Keeping pace with other programs takes increased levels of dedicated time and travel.
- Strength and conditioning specifically for the game of tennis is one of the most effective ways to develop our team for on-court success and injury-free training. An ongoing partnership with Jez Green, former trainer for Andy Murray and current trainer for Sasha Zverev, brings this level of expertise to our team and distinguishes us from other top-tier programs.
- Having a bigger team: Since the end of the JV or B-team era, we carry a large squad to give more players the opportunity to continue their tennis and represent the Crimson. We are currently have a roster of fourteen players - one of the largest teams around the country.
- Character and life skills development
- Mental Coaching: Our work with Lorenzo Beltrame was instrumental in our Ivy Title this past season. Investing in our on-and-off court mental yielded the highest ROI of anything we did last year.
- Skill development: This past year's public speaking and storytelling skills workshop for our players hosted by Bob Walsh was a smashing success. We hope to continue our commitment to our students' preparation for the next step in their professional lives with similar programs.
We are sure you have your own reasons to give to Harvard Tennis based on your experiences on the team—friendships made with with teammates, coaches who invested in you, memories of team van rides and plane flights and, of course, gratitude for the opportunity to attend our amazing school. We’d love to hear the stories behind your gift so write us a note or give a call.
If you aren't sure whether you contributed already to FY '17, please contact our Varsity Club liaison, Kristan Strout (contact details below).
There are four ways to give:
- Donate Online - CLICK HERE! Select "Tennis" from the drop down menu.
- Donate by check: Mail checks to: Friends of Harvard Tennis, 65 North Harvard Street, Boston, MA 02163. Checks should be payable to "Friends of Harvard Tennis."
- Donate by phone: Call Kristan Strout in the Harvard Varsity Club at (617) 495-3757 & donate by credit card. Her email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To make a gift of stock or mutual fund transfer, contact the Harvard Management Company at 866-845-6596 or email email@example.com.
From all of us at Harvard Men’s Tennis, we sincerely thank you and hope to see you at our matches in the Fall.
Andrew and Dave
n.b. All gifts to Harvard Athletics will receive Class, Reunion, and FAS Campaign Credit. The Department of Harvard Athletics, the Friends groups and the Harvard Varsity Club encourage all alumni/ae to make an additional annual gift to the Harvard College Fund to support the overall experience for our student-athletes, which includes the College’s commitment to financial aid.